The CarDetector™ – Mobile LPR Edition video analysis engine automatically scans, detects and performs license plate recognition (LPR) for mobile law enforcement vehicles. When any license plate is detected in the mobile video camera’s field of view, powerful adaptive optical character recognition (AOCR) engines extract the plate image, apply image enhancement filters and analyze each individual character of the plate, regardless of the plate colors or backgrounds.
- Identification of vehicle license plate numbers
- License plate numbers compared to database for “go, no-go”
- Automated monitoring of vehicle traffic from surveillance cameras
- Automatic notification upon “Hot-List” vehicle
- Interface to Vigilant Video Law Enforcement Archival Reporting Network (LEARN)
- Stores recorded JPEG plate and vehicle images